Was there ever a better time to be thinking about what we can do with our time that will be productive and provide a benefit to us in some way. Perhaps the opportunity to have some fun along the way, as well as learning and developing some new skills.
I had started Blogging before COVID became a ‘thing’ but I have to say that I have seriously stepped up my activity since going in to lock down.
FULL DISCLOSURE: I write 3 commercial Blogs, and this is one of them. I will unashamedly point you, in the final section this post, to information that will take you a considerable leap beyond what I am able to do here. It will actually provide you an opportunity, not only to learn how to create an online Blog, but it will also show you how you could have that Blog on the internet within an hour of you deciding to have a FREE go!.
What to Blog
I have written a tutorial on another of my sites where I address a slightly difference audience to the one which I talk to here. But the information is applicable to both constituencies and I would recommend that if you are looking seriously at the prospect of Blogging then that you take a look at my Blog Tutorial on that site.
The Steps To Find A Subject
In simple terms there are really 6 steps that will help you to make an effective start in Blogging. A lot of people worry about their writing ability, trust me, the more you write the better you get so I would counsel not to worry too much at the beginning. I see lots of Blogs on the internet that would set the English Teacher’s hair on fire but which are having good commercial success. Though I absolutely understand that if you are like me you will want to write well. To start you need a writing subject or as we call it a niche…….
1. 10 subjects – A great way to select a niche is to quickly scribble down 5-10 subjects that you know about Are interested in. Spontaneous and quick is the key don’t over think it. If you have to think too hard the whatever you come up with is probably going top cause you grief. The kind of subjects that you are looking four
are ones that might inspire you or that you have a desire or passion to learn about. It is perfectly possible to learn and become authoritative at the same time and many Bloggers do just that.
2. Select 3 – Turn your list face down and leave it for half an hour or even longer. When you come back to it take a highlighter pen and select and highlight the 3 subject which grab your attention first.
3. 10 Blog Post Titles – Having down selected to 3 topic or niches, for each of those 3, now write down 10 Blog titles that you think you could write 1000- 1500 words for. If you find this easier for one niche or topic, than for the other two then the chances are you have found your first niche. If you find the exercise equally easy for all 3 then you have potential already for other website niches when you are ready to tackle more. You could of course launch all 3 websites at the same time (this is not for the fainthearted but I have LoL)
4. Market Research – Now a little research is worthwhile just to check that readers are interested in what you would like to write about. I recommend that you go to Google Trends and see what kind of activity there is around your niche subject. Are
they popular and are they are trending upwards or downwards. I Was advised when I started Blogging to look for a niche subject which attracts traffic but which not so over competitive that you struggle to compete at all. An example I saw described most recently was Rock climbing; this is considered too big and highly competitive. So the Blogger narrowed it looking at alternatives such as free climbing or climbing in a particular geographical area or technical climbing techniques and practices When doing this it is important to make sure that both Google Trends and your keyword targets are in good supply and attracting good analytic statistics.
5. Keyword Research – Once the niche subject is selected then the next level of research revolves around doing good keyword research for the Blog posts titles that were discussed at number 3 above. This can be undertaken with a tool such as Wealthy Affiliate’s Jaaxy or whichever your preferences is, Then just keep testing the potential keyword choices by placing them in searches in Google to see If they are current.
6. Revenue Stream – Having got this far its really important that you check to see what kind of revenue items may be available to you. A good start is to check if there are any businesses or companies who are advertising or searching in relation to your niche topic or keywords. If there are, then you can probably monetise your Blog.
Want to Blog?
There is a great opportunity available to you right now, through this Blog post, which, if you pursue it, could put you on the fast track to becoming a professional Blogger. I want to be clear this does not come with a promise of fast riches in any way. But what I can absolutely promise is an opportunity to be taught to establish, solid and dependable foundations for a professional, commercial Blogging venture. That Blog could be sitting on a first class, growing, training, hosting and support platform provided by Wealthy Affiliate and which is a market leader in the sector today.
Wealthy Affiliate will:
- Provide access to an absolutely FREE trial of their platform, that will give you the opportunity of 10 basic lessons in building a website and starting a Blog. (No payment details required at all)
- Free hosting of 2 Websites
- Access to the Wealthy Affiliate Support Community
- My personal help and assistance as you need it.
Should you decide that you are interested in pursuing a serious business, based on commercial Blogging, then conversion to Premium membership will give you access to:
- 3 levels of payment to suit your circumstances (monthly, half-yearly or annually) with annual membership working out at less than $1 a day
- If you upgrade to premium membership within 7 days of joining, then your first monthly membership is discounted to only $19 and $49 per month thereafter with significantly larger discounts available for half-yearly and annual subscriptions.
- Full 50 lesson entrepreneur certificate training course online
- Weekly live training webinar series (also available in the serve yourself library)
- A library of other evergreen training video and tutorial based that covers all aspects of Affiliate Marketing
- Personal coaching and mentoring access to the owners and founders of the Platform (extremely successful affiliate marketers Kyle and Carson)
- Technical help and support 24/7 (most tickets actioned within 5 mins – industry leading)
- My continuing personal help and assistance, coaching and mentoring as you need it.
No Time Like Now
This is a truly great opportunity that should be tested for FREE before any contemplation of dismissing out of hand.
So I strongly encourage any one reading this to take advantage of the FREE trial today, without having to provide any payment details whatsoever (we are confident that you will want to become a premium member when you see what you have access to)
Just go to Wealthy Affiliate and begin your own journey on the road to unlocking your creative and earning potential, I promise that you will not be disappointed.
I hope that this has been of interest and that you will consider Blogging.